2012-2013 Officers: President: Terry, VP: Brian B, Treasurer: Don, Secretary: Paul E.
Meeting Time & Location: Every 2nd Tuesday at 7, Antonella’s Ristorante (patio), 1701 Park Avenue, San Jose , CA 95126 (408) 279-4922.
7:00 Buffet Dinner is $10 for Salad, Pasta, Pizza, Bread & Soft drinks, or order from the menu directly. To help Antonella’s cover the cost of hosting our meeting, members are encouraged to enjoy a dinner here.
7:30 Meeting Start
WELCOME and Board Reports
President – Terry: Welcome Members & Guests.
Vice President – Brian:
Treasurer – Don:
Secretary – Paul:
Members Attending (1 point):
Guests Visiting –
GENERAL NEWS & ACTIONS
1) To promote our club, an idea is to print some simple ‘business’ cards to handout on the trail. If you’ve had experience with this, please assist. Someone noted Brad may have best quality digital artwork with newest logo.
2) Our donation to CORVA was acknowledged in their November newsletter: http://www.corva.org/pages.php?pageid=89
3) Keep up on writing comments to your legislators & land managers ! (1 point). See Saving Our Trails, below.
4) Website content discussion.
VEHICLE PAINS & PROJECTS
RECENT RUNS & ‘Chances to Lock Axles’
1) We had a good turnout for our fall trail clean-up at Sourgrass Rec Area near Dorrington on Hwy 4. The weather was about perfect for working on the trail. There was some litter to pick up, and nearly all the usually blocked spur routes had been re-opened. The FS wants them closed, so we rebuilt the barriers again. At the spur just before the creek crossing Terry dragged a big log down the hill and we set it in place, with nearby boulders. Other than the creek xing and a small spring, the trail was completely dry. This time there’s just a few photos+video, as we have plenty photos from before:
UPCOMING RUNS (2 points)
1) November 28-30 – Thanksgiving weekend, Panamint Valley+DV. Joe will talk about the run Looks like we have a contingent going thus far. Will have Thanksgiving Dinner at Panamint Springs Resort, wheeling on Friday & Saturday. Arrive Thursday, drive home Sunday. Joe will be arriving before Thursday for pre-runs, anyone interested in arriving early can help out too. There are some county road outages-closures that will shape this trip itinerary.
2) December 7 (mid afternoon) or 21 (early evening) – Toys for Tots for the Marines at Christmas in the Park & Holiday Dinner at Antonella’s.
3) January tbd
8:30 Meeting end.