GETTIN’ OFF 4 Wheel Drive Club
GETTIN’ OFF 4 WHEEL DRIVE CLUB BYLAWS
ARTICLE I: NAME
The name of this organization shall be Gettin’ Off 4-Wheel Drive Club. This organization shall be non-profit in character, and promote family 4-wheeling.
ARTICLE II: MEMBERSHIP AND DUES
1) Membership is open to owners of 4 wheel drive vehicles, who have participated in at least 2 club runs and attended 3 club meetings within a period of six months. Membership is approved by a majority vote of the members at the monthly club meeting.
2) New members shall pay an initiation fee of $25 in addition to the annual fee. The initiation fee will entitle them to one Club decal and one Club T-shirt. The Board of Directors may increase this fee if the cost of T-shirts exceeds $16 or if the cost of decals exceeds $7.
3) Dues amount shall be reviewed at the June meeting each year by the membership. The current membership fee is $60.00. The first $15 of each member’s dues shall be kept by the Club for its own use. The remainder $45 shall be pooled and contributed to Off Road organizations which actively support the multiple use of Public Lands. The Allocation of funds to Off Road organizations shall be made at the annual September meeting.
4) Membership dues must be paid before the allocation of funds to Off Road organizations is decided at the September meeting. To remain a member, a club member must pay his/her dues by this time.
5) The minimum age for membership is 21 years. Each member must have a valid driver’s license and automotive liability insurance coverage. Members shall observe all traffic laws and conduct themselves in a lawful manner at all times.
ARTICLE III: IMDEMNITY OF THE CLUB AND ITS MEMBERS
1) All persons who participate in any Club activity do so at their own risk. Each member, guest, or participant, agrees that the Club and its members provide no remedies whatsoever, under any circumstances.
2) All participants hold the Club and its individual members harmless and Officers immune from liability for any type of loss of life or injury, or property damages and/or any other loss, occurring during or as a result or consequence of, any said activity.
ARTICLE IV: OFFICERS AND DUTIES
1) The President: shall be the executive officer and will preside at all meetings. He/she shall have the duty of carrying out the policies and decisions of the members.
2) The Vice-President: shall assist the President in deciding policies, planning activities, and act on his/her behalf in case of the President’s absence.
3) The Secretary: shall record and publish club correspondence, agendas, and minutes of the meetings.
4) The Treasurer: shall control club monies, organize bank deposits; disburse funds as authorized by the club membership; and have the books open for inspection by the membership.
5) The Officers of the Club shall constitute the Board of Directors, including past Presidents and shall have the power and responsibility to manage the day-to-day business of the Club.
ARTICLE V: MEETINGS
Membership meetings shall be held monthly, at a time and place determined by the membership.
ARTICLE VI: ELECTIONS AND VOTING
1) Nominations for Officers shall be put forward at the April meeting each year. Elections shall be held at the regular May meeting. A simple majority of the votes cast is required to win an election.
2) Officers-elect will take possession of their offices at the conclusion of the meeting at which they are elected.
ARTICLE VII: AMENDMENTS TO BY- LAWS
1) Any member in good standing may submit to the Board of Directors, a proposal to modify the Bylaws. The membership shall be notified by the Secretary of proposals accepted by the Board of Directors. Proposals accepted by the Board of Directors will be discussed by the membership at the next monthly club meeting, then voted upon.
2) A three-fourths majority of the votes cast is required for the Bylaws to be amended.
3) Votes can be submitted via email if a member is not able to attend the meeting in person.
ARTICLE VIII: PARLIAMENTARY AUTHORITY
Parliamentary authority will be Roberts Rules of Order, current edition.