Where: Hollister Hills, meet at the Schoolhouse in the Upper Ranch area at 10 AM.
Trail Lead: tbd
Notes: Central coast (Garcia Ridge. Pozo/La Panza) deemed too far to drive for so-so wheeling.
Where: Strawberry PassTrail
Lead: Notes: Day run. for Strawberry Pass: Drive up Hwy 50, Milestone Tract 42 (before hamlet of Strawberry) to Hwy 88 (Caples Lake Hwy Maint Statn), drive home on 88.
August 16,17,18, (Fri,Sat,Sun) – Gary Moody Mem. BBQ Run
Where: Hwy 88, Pardoe Trail, Overnight at Lower Bear River Reservoir, South Shore campground.
Where: Rubicon or Swamp Lake / Bald Mountain (Shaver Lake area)Trail Lead: tbd
Notes: Overnight trail camping. 33s with rear locker minimum
OPTION: Colorado or Utah. Joe can take us up Black Bear Pass, Cross City, or Moab trails.
Where: Adopt-A-Trail. Or, Strawberry Pass if was not run in JulyTrail
Lead: (for Straw. Pass: Paul)
Notes: Day run. For A-a-T: See Hwy 4 ‘Protocol’ below.
Where: Panamint and/or Death ValleyTrail
Lead: Joe / Alicia / Eric G ?
Notes: Overnight, Turkey Trot
1) May 26 – Open invitation for a Sierra Run. Brian is trial lead. Details to follow. (wish I could go, ed.)
2) June 2 – Adopt-A-Trail clean-up AND Slick Rock. Sourgrass Route, Hwy 4. Nice, reasonably challenging trails, not far from the Bay Area. We should liaise with Stan. FS OHV coord. this year. Slick Rock may include sort of a pre-run for Terry & Alane’s wedding site later this year.
3) July 7 – Pre-Run to Bear Valley Loop Trail. Scout out as alternate for Pardoe-Squaw BBQ RUN due to likely route closure. Overnight, camp or motel.
4) July 14 – Woodside Tank Tour – Visit this rare military museum on the peninsula. Your ~$20 entrance donation helps support thismuseum. Details from Lyle to follow.
5) August 10, 11, 12. BBQ RUN. Pardoe-Squaw Ridge if not closed, or maybe Bear Valley Loop if Pardoe-Squaw closed. Saturday evening is the BBQ and gift lottery. Signed-up so far: Brad+1, Don, Paul, Terry+3, Aaron, Mario, Chris+?, Brian+?, Ron, Gary B.
It was mentioned Bear Valley Loop trial may be affected by the Eldorado closures. I’m pretty sure it’s not since Bear Valley Loop is in Tahoe NF, not Eldo. But could someone check this anyway?
6) September 15 (proposed; pun intended)- Slick Rock: Terry & Alane’s wedding !
7) Oct 12,13,14 (proposed) – Eastern Sierra: Barney Riley or Mammoth Lakes area (several cool trails up there). Trail lead: Paul
Contact us if interested in going on any of these runs.