GETTIN’ OFF 4X4 Off-Road Club – Tues Oct 9 Meeting Agenda
2011-12 Officers: President: Terry, VP: Brian, Treasurer: Don, Secretary: Paul E.
Meeting Time & Location: Every 2nd Tuesday at 7, Antonella’s Ristorante, 1701 Park Avenue, San Jose , CA 95126 (408) 279-4922
7:00 Buffet Dinner – $10. Chicken Pasta, Spinach Salad, Pizza! To help Antonella’s cover the cost of having our meeting in the patio dining area, all members are encouraged to enjoy the buffet dinner offered each month. You may also order from the main menu too!
7:30 MEETING START
GENERAL NEWS & PENDING BUSINESS
1) New Gettin-Off 4WD Club Web. NOW ACTIVE as you can see!
2) Member list distribution. Pending…Terry, Don & I to create soon.(ed: my bad, I need get it going again)
3) SPOT Location Beacon. Brian will bring to meeting.
4) Stuff for sale? Post related items for sale to the group. Enter new Subject text for each new listing.
VEHICLE PAINS & PROJECTS
1) Paul – New rear yoke install seems ok, no noise / vibration.
RECENT RUNS & ‘Chances to Lock Axles’:
UPCOMING RUNS and EVENTS
1) Oct 9-12 – Moab, once again! NOTE DAT E CHANGE- No news seen from Lyle on yahoogroups. Leaving or Left Tues, Oct 9. Stay or camp ‘Moab Daves’ to save $. Lyle & Randy organizing. Fantastic place to wheel.
2) Oct 12-14 – Eastern Sierra, Mammoth Lakes area:
Option A: See emails Sept 26 Oct 2 for full details.
Friday drive up to Mammoth. Saturday, Deadman Pass to 11000 ft (26E201); & perhaps Devil’s Postpile Nat. Monmt. Afternoon run up to Laurel Lakes(28E201), southeast of Mammoth. Sunday, we lock-up on Wheeler Ridge Mine Rd. (http://www.gbr.4wdtrips.net/4×4/wheeler.html) & spoiler alert:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym6Z8Dj87KA. Sunday afternoon: head home, or for Monday: run trail up to Bristlecone Pine Forest or Sweetwater Mountains. Lots of camping & motels in Mammoth Lakes area.
Option B: Mike Gill & I and ??? may opt to run the Sweetwater Route & Bode Hills, among others, Sat & Sunday.
3) Oct 27 or Nov. 3 Adopt-A-Trail – Sourgrass route, Hwy 4 protocol.
4) Nov. 21- 25 Turkey Trot to Panamint Valley.
5) December: Toys for Tots & Holiday Dinner Run.
6) Thinking way ahead here, February 2013 will be Terry’s 20th, & last, run to Death Valley. In 2014, (or sooner?) Terry plans to have a desert run but perhaps not to DV or Panamint, to try other trials, and it will be in April, with better & more predictable weather.